Tales of drunken behaviour

Sunday 27 March 2011
We've all been there, we've all had moment that we would like to forget caused by alcohol.

First night out of the new term and I hadn't drunk in about a month, nor had I eaten much that day, so it was never going to end well.

Went out with my mate, his bird, and his bird's mate to a bar in Galway. After a rather large amount of alcohol in a relatively short time, I was drunk. Looking back, my memory cut out around midnight. It was one of those odd moments where one minute I was in the bar having fun, the next I was waking up.

Except, I wasn't waking up in my bed. I was waking up on the floor of my room. I had no idea what the fuck I was doing on the floor as the bed was literally a foot away. I peeled my face from the carpet and looked round. My room was completely empty. I'm talking curtains, bed covers, sheets, absolutely everything. It was just me, in the middle of the floor of an empty room.

I thought I'd been hit by the world's most thorough burglars.

For about 10 seconds I was in blind panic and confusion, until I got up to check the kitchen and spotted the note pinned to the inside of the door. "We've left you here. We don't want to talk to you". It turns out I'd drunk myself unconscious, and had to be dragged up 4 flights of stairs, whereby I'd been simply left in a spare room on the other side of campus.

I'd also apparently been going to the bar having run out of money, ordering my drinks, then ordering the bar maid to put it on the tab. There was no tab.

23 comments:

  1. psyke said...:

    Drunk stories are always fun. I have a few myself, I might share them soon

  1. Sounds like one hell of a night haha

  1. haha good night then?

  1. Ughh theres nothing like waking up and not knowing wtf happen'd last night.

  1. Bremsy said...:

    happened to me to feels bad...

  1. Liquid said...:

    oh shit dont remind me, i got hella fights every time me and the gang drink together,now im sober for more than 3 years but i also dont mind drinking beer or light alcoholic drinks in weekends sometimes,the only thing i might miss is the hot ass bartender lol
    good post mate

  1. Synetik said...:

    haha We've all had nights like that.

  1. Robert said...:

    lol that must have been one heavy night. I tried to cycle my bike when I was drunk, woke up the next morning with some bruises:0

  1. Every Day said...:

    I've gotten drunk enough to forget stuff. Stuff my friends told me were awesome, I wanna remember that.

  1. Kaneda said...:

    oh my. alcohol - always a pleasure.
    at least you kinda regret it, don't you?

  1. Bulwyf said...:

    I once rampaged a Mc D.. that was the point I stoped drinking completely.

  1. JuX said...:

    LAWL. I have remembered every incident that occurred to me except for 1. I just disappeared for a few hours and no one could find me. Thats about it. But I have done some bad stuff I do remember.

  1. emceep said...:

    Unfortunately i have had way to many nights like this

  1. I don't mean to laugh...but...that's fucking hilarious. Hahaha. I just hope to never drink myself to that point...it'd be too scary, yet interesting...

  1. Unknown said...:

    hahahaha, there was no tab... Sad man, sad!

  1. Triper said...:

    Nice story. I remember day when i drank a lot of alco, and missed my train.. so i must wait about 8 hours to next train, ofcourse i missed it too :D Now i can laugh, but this day was horrible because of cold night in winter...

  1. Funny story lol. this is why i try to avoid drinking, i will get too drunk haha.

  1. BrAd? said...:

    I once stole the hat off a McDonalds' employee and didn't even remember it..

  1. Xuian said...:

    wow that sounds horrible man, sorry to hear (

  1. Jesper said...:

    Sounds real bad.. Stay sober :)

  1. Green Bus said...:

    Haha. I always drink a little. I feel more comfortable on social environments and I don't do stupid things.

    Never got drunk.
    So, no disappointments.

  1. Sounds like it was a good night :p

  1. Sterling said...:

    drinking to much is always bad

Post a Comment