Idiot workmates....

Tuesday 29 March 2011
So I was doing work placement last year, the Irish Times ran a story about the Spire in Dublin saying it was dismantled overnight, shipped to The States, and then re-built in Vegas. They showed a picture of a hole in the ground (which came from when it was being constructed initially), and also a photoshopped image of it forming part of the Vegas skyline. Yes, the date was April 1st.

My boss, a qualified accountant, couldn't quite grasp this, got a bit hysterical saying "Oh my god, the spire is gone!". I don't think I ever respected her after that.


The same place at Christmas had a pub quiz type thing in the office, I wound up on the same team as two lads who are spectacularly stupid about every single thing in life with the exception of the job they've miraculously found.

Anyway, one jokey sort of question was "which part of a man's body gets ten times bigger when he gets excited." cue a few laughs and the obvious guesses at pupil and so on.

The best guess they could manage, out of everything you could possibly think of, was 'brain.' they honestly thought this might be correct.

The correct answer, for those that care, is the pupil.

23 comments:

  1. I lol'd at the question

  1. Haha, this made me laugh. I've heard that question before but the sheer thought of retards like that made me giggle.

  1. psyke said...:

    I know how you feel. Mines also have issues.

  1. CD-Roomba said...:

    i wish my brain would grow when excited; it would be like overclocking my mind.

  1. If my brain got bigger when I got excited, I wouldn't such stupid mistakes that I usually do. Haha.

  1. Unknown said...:

    we all know such guys

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Also, implying that bigger brains = more intelligence. Haha, I wasn't thinking in the pupil :o

  1. Moobeat said...:

    Mac and Me said it best

  1. tell them to stop being dumb

  1. JuX said...:

    workmates are so annoying some times. They make me rage.

  1. great post. following you

  1. Xuian said...:

    ahaha of course they didn't get it (

  1. Me said...:

    i hate dumb people yeah?

  1. Sam said...:

    Lol, I know the feeling!

  1. Dazza said...:

    some of them are cool but yea, most of mine suck

  1. Mike said...:

    Hahahah Brilliant, I think the internet has numbed me to the mass stupidity of people. It's so much easier when you pretend they are trolling

  1. D22 Zone said...:

    Love your blog style! Keep up the great work!

  1. Intraman said...:

    completely with you on that one

  1. Kaneda said...:

    There are some people on this world, who are not gifted with wisdom :)

  1. Sterling said...:

    if my brain will get 10 times larger when i'm excited, damn how high would my IQ be?

  1. Every Day said...:

    ...all I thought of was penis. LOL.

  1. HiFi said...:

    Hah. People will say the silliest things.

Post a Comment